My veggie bin has been delivering a lot of red cabbage lately and I have found my new favorite recipe to eat up all this goodness. Super Slaw from Epicurious. It is amazing! There’s peanut butter, ginger, garlic and loads of cabbage. I have been eating it daily. I make the slaw, put it in a zip lock bag, and the dressing in a air tight container and it seems to last as long as the slaw does, about a week.
Super Slaw – Epicurious
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
This is the part that you can mix anyway you like, I used only red cabbage, sometimes green pepper, sometime red etc.
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 large red or yellow bell peppers, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 8 large green onions, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantroStore the dressing in one container and the salad in a bag. Add salad to bowl, add the desired amount of dressing toss and enjoy!